With Chirstmas only a matter of weeks away here are some of my top Christmas decorating tips
- My first Christmas decorating tip are these brilliant (Medium sized) damage-free Command Hanging Hooks
They are super strong and great for hanging Christmas decorations and wreaths to doors and walls. They are ideal for hanging items to painted walls without the worry of the paint coming off when you’re ready to take your decorations down. I’ll explain how they work!
You attach the hooks to your wall or door using the sticky strips provided. (Following the instructions on the back of the packet, making sure to clean the surface to remove any grease before applying!)
You then wait an hour and you are ready to hang whatever Christmas decoration you choose.
They also come in a smaller size (shown in the image below) which are great for hanging bunting etc.
When you are ready to take your decorations down you simply pull down (not out!) on the plastic tab leaving the paint work where it should be!
- My second Christmas decorating tip are these Remote Control Sockets
- I actually have my parents to thank for introducing me to these!
Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without fairy lights so, if like me you have several sets hanging in the same room then these plugs are a Godsend.
No scrambling around the back of the Christmas tree trying to reach the plug socket. All lights can be switched off at the touch of just one button!
You simply plug each of your fairy light or lamp plugs into one of these sockets. Each socket is then connected to the remote control via magic!
- We actually use them all year round in our kitchen diner as we have several lamps in there. Being able to switch them all off at the same time makes the process of turning everything off before bed a lot quicker!
- My third and final decorating tip are these Wreath Door Hangers
B&Q do this silver effect plastic version which is a steal at £2 each!
You simply hook the hanger over the top of the doors so there’s no need for any drilling or sticking! Super quick and super simple.
I’ve also found a great little website called the little crafty bugs company who have a whole range of colour options in metal and a clear plastic version too (these seem to be like hens teeth this year!)
I hope you find all these items as useful as I do at Christmas time!
Please do drop a comment below with any questions.
*This blog post contains affiliate links.